Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Once Upon A Time, May goals

Well, I have started stitching again. Yeah!! I'm mainly working on Once Upon A Time for my daughter and now SIL. Couldn't get it done before the wedding but hope to have it done this summer. I still really enjoy working on this piece. I've been working on the lower part of her dress and the grass.
Here is where I left off over a month ago:

And this is where I am today (sorry about the fabric):


May goals:
1. The wedding and all the preparations -
Yes
2. My son graduating from High School and the Open House that followed - Yes
3. Saying good-bye to my son the day after he graduated as he is working out of state for the whole summer - Yes
4. Saying good-bye to DD #2 who also is working out of state for the whole summer - Yes
5. Have a nervous breakdown - Nope (thankfully) :)

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful piece!
So many changes for you in the month of may!!
Hugs!

Margaret said...

Love your stitching! Beautiful -- and so appropriate too! I'm glad all went well with the celebrations and all. Congratulations again!

Kathy A. said...

Really glad you didn't have that nervous breakdown even though it was scheduled lol.
Wonderful progress on your stitching.

Deborah said...

Once apon a Time is beautiful!

Carol said...

You had an amazingly busy May and I'm so glad you avoided the whole nervous breakdown thing :)

Love your Once Upon A Time piece--your stitching is so pretty...

Lesleyanne said...

Wow gorgeous stitching. Such a lot of progress.

mdgtjulie said...

Glad to hear you eliminated the breakdown from your schedule, although no one would have blamed you!!!! Once Upon a Time looks wonderful. I love the colors in her dress. You've gotten quite a lot done!!!

Sally said...

You have made beautiful progress. It's so pretty.

Looks like you've been busy in May. Glad you managed not to have a nervous breakdown!

Deb said...

I hear you on the nervous breakdown. I'm going through just about the same things that you are. It really keeps you on your toes.

Your piece is so pretty and you've made good progress.

Babs said...

It looks wonderfull. Passione Ricamo is so beautifull, one day I'm going to stitch one aswell.

Your stitches are very neat and what a nice progress.

Giovanna said...

You're doing great on this beautiful project - they're so handsome!

Ruth said...

Wow. How beautiful. What a lucky DD and SIL!

As for your list, if you had to fail on something, I'm sure glad it was #5. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all your successes! Those were some pretty amazing goals that you accomplished all in one month. I hope you can take some time to relax and enjoy yourself for a while now!

Margaret said...

You are doing an amazing job on this beautiful piece. The fact that you have met all your goals at the same time is fantastic. Congratulations.

Oh how I wish you would have told me that your stitching of Bygone Summer went so well that you were sorry she was finished. :) Oh well, I must just keep on telling myself "Enjoy the journey". So far so good.

Isobel -Argante- said...

I love it, and it's so appropriate... the bride in the last post is wonderful!!!!
:-)))

Argante